Today, Mark Henricksen’s campaign for the chair of the Oklahoma Democratic Party obtained the endorsement of Our Revolution, along with many other progressive candidates across the country.
The Board Members of Our Revolution granted the endorsement based on a thorough review of the application and recommendations from Bernie staffers.
The Board consists of:
- Nina Turner – Former Ohio State Senator
- Jim Hightower – Political Leader, National Radio Commentator & Writer
- Jim Zogby – Arab American Human Rights Leader
- Huck Gutman – Former Chief of Staff for Senator Bernie Sanders
- Jane Kleeb – Environmental and Rural Leader
- Lucy Flores – Fmr. Nevada Assemblywoman
- Shailene Woodley – Actress and Environmental Leader
- Larry Cohen, Chair – Labor
- Deborah Parker, Vice-Chair – Native American Leader
- Catalina Velasquez, Vice-Chair – Immigration, Reproductive Justice and Trans Queer Liberation Leader
- Ben Jealous, Treasurer – Civil Rights Leader
The organization is self described as a movement that “will fight to transform America and advance the progressive agenda that we believe in” with the following mission:
Our Revolution will reclaim democracy for the working people of our country by harnessing the transformative energy of the “political revolution.” Through supporting a new generation of progressive leaders, empowering millions to fight for progressive change and elevating the political consciousness, Our Revolution will transform American politics to make our political and economic systems once again responsive to the needs of working families.
Our Revolution has three intertwined goals: to revitalize American democracy, empower progressive leaders and elevate the political consciousness.